Congratulations are in order for one of this year’s newest high school graduates–Drake. After dropping out of school at the age of 15 to act in Degrassi: The Next Generation, the Toronto-based rapper announced that he recently graduated from high school.
Drake finished his final test and wanted his fans to know. He took to Twitter to express his joy of not only graduating from high school but for scoring a decent grade on his final exam.
“97% on my final exam. 88% in the course. One of the greatest feelings in my entire life. As of tonight I have graduated high school!” — Drizzy (@Drake) October 18, 2012
He also thanked his instructors for their dedication and attentiveness:
“Thank you to my teacher Kim Janzen for spending the last 5 months working tirelessly with me!! OVO SOUND” — Drizzy (@Drake) October 18, 2012
Drake’s return to school echoes his YMCMB label boss, Lil Wayne‘s return to the classroom. In 2005, Wayne enrolled into the University of Houston to study political science. No word yet on weather he plans to further his education but he has been busy at work on a new album from deceased singer Aaliyah. –Cicely C. Mitchell, Hot 95.7/Houston
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Dirty On The Dos: Demi Opens Up, Gaga’s Duet With Britney & More!
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Julie’s Cantalope
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’