Katy Perry has gone through many looks over the years, but there’s nothing more popular than her costumes displayed within her “California Gurls” music video. There are many options from the video shoot to choose from, but who could go wrong with a cupcake bra? Here’s all the necessities to recreate her infamous Candy Land inspired video.
Hair: You’ll need a trip to the store for this outfit. You can’t go wrong with this Electric Blue Wig.
Make-Up: To perfect Katy’s look, the more glitter the better. After your basic foundation and blush it’s all about the eyes. Try Maybelline Dream Mousse Eye Shadow in turquoise since it has a shimmer. If there isn’t enough sparkle there for you pick up this metallic silver glitter from Sephora. The lightweight glitter is perfect for the face or body. Sephora recommends to “pat on the skin with a wet brush for a long-lasting effect.” It’s also perfect to add on top of lip gloss. You’ll want a bright pink gloss to mirror Katy’s in “California Gurls” so try Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipgloss in pink pop to complete the look!
Clothes: The focal point of this costume is Katy’s infamous cupcake bra. Lucky for you Etsy has the cupcakes already made for purchase. Just attach them to a tank like this from Forever 21 or this teal sports bra from Target and you’re almost all set. Now you just need some glitter shorts to complete the look. Try these green glitter-weaved shorts from H&M and your favorite pair of sandals for the California girl final touch.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Avril Lavigne Goes To Marilyn Manson For Music And Style Advice
- Francis Bean Cobain Calls Out Kendall Jenner On Twitter
- Style Files: Beyoncé Curates Rent The Runway Boutique
- Carly Rae Jepsen Enlists Fans’ Help For New Song ‘Take A Picture’
- Dirty On The Dos: Jennifer Lopez’s Cell Phone Biz, Paris Hilton Signed By Lil Wayne & More!
- Battle Of The Boroughs: Staten Island Vs. New Jersey For Six Flags Tickets!