T.I. Talks Reality vs. Scripted TV
A jack of all trades, hip-hop artist, actor and author T.I. can currently be seen on two different television shows simultaneously. He stars in both his reality show, T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle on VH1 and the television series BOSS on Starz. Talk about multitasking!
So what’s the difference between playing a fictional character and reciting lines from a script as opposed to just going with the flow?
“The camera shows up and we just live our lives. They capture our lives as we live it,” said T.I. about the family documentary on VH1.
The show features T.I and his wife Tameka “Tiny” Cottle living life in Atlanta, GA after T.I returns from his 12 month prison sentence. Viewers see the rapper’s struggles adjusting back to life outside of the cell, and his attempts at repairing his career and family relations.
“There is nothing that we make a point to do while the cameras are rolling, and nothing we make a point not to do while the camera is rolling. They just happen to capture what we go through that day,” he said.
Stars’ BOSS on the other hand is a political drama starring Kelsey Grammer as the mayor of Chicago, who was recently diagnosed with a form of Parkinson’s Disease. T.I. plays a former gang member who has aspirations to work in Chicago’s City Hall.
-Vincent Roszkowski & Maria Bonello, 92.3 NOW/NYC
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America
- 92.3 NOW’s Jay Dabhi Releases New Single “Say Hey!”
- Rixton Talks “Make Out” Music Video & Next Single
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder