Adele’s James Bond Theme “Skyfall” Leaks
The song was officially set to premiere this Thursday in celebration of 50 years of Bond, James Bond, but fans are getting a 30-second sneak peak right now thanks to the Internet.
The new song, which can be heard here, features a 77-piece orchestra to highlight Adele’s sultry vocals.
Adele admitted to the BBC that she was hesitant to be involved with the movie, but after reading the script she was in.
“It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I’ve never done which made it exciting,” the singer said. “When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life.”
Adele even admits it’s something she’ll be proud to tell her grandkids about.
“I’ll be back combing my hair when I’m 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day I’m sure,” she said.
The short snippet of the moody ballad has even got some people comparing Adele’s theme to Shirley Bassey’s “Diamonds Are Forever” from the 1971 Bond movie of the same name.
Do you agree? Take a listen to Shirley’s song below.
Check out Skyfall in theaters November 9.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized For Severe Allergic Reaction, Cancels Shows
- Are Jay Z & Beyoncé Touring Together This Summer?
- Disclosure Points EDM Back to the Future
- Pharrell’s New Song is ‘Here’ From the ‘Spider-Man 2′ Soundtrack
- Johnny Weir’s WEIRD Post-Nup: What Agreement Do You Wish You Made Before Your Marriage?
- DJ Toro Judges Brooklyn Cyclones Beach Bum Dance Team Auditions