In a fiery rant, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong gave the producers hell when he thought the band’s set was being cut short. An enormous digital sign mounted to the back of the arena faced the artists announced their remaining time. In the middle of Green Day’s performance of “Welcome To Paradise,” frontman Billie Joe Armstrong noticed the countdown clock had a mere “1 Minutes” left.
The singer was rattled and chose to end the song abruptly saying “Ahh f*** this s***!” Armstrong stopped the music completely and called the audience’s attention to the countdown clock saying “Gimme a f****** break, one minute?! One minute f****** left? You’re gonna give me one f****** minute? Look at that f****** sign right there. One minute. Let me f****** tell you something. I’ve been around since f****** nineteen eighty f****** eight. You gotta be f****** kidding me. I’m not Justin Bieber you mother f******!
Watch the destruction on YouTube.
The band have released an official statement on their website announcing Armstrong’s intent to seek substance abuse help and decrying their own actions, offering apology to the festival organizers.
They also announced their need to postpone some upcoming promotional appearances around the album, including today’s performance in the KROQ Red Bull Sound Space.
– Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Win Passes To “The Way Way Back” Screening
- Kanye West Recreates ‘American Psycho’ With Scott Disick For ‘Yeezus’
- Battle Of The Beats: Fifth Harmony vs Austin Mahone
- Lil’ Wayne Treads On American Flag In New Music Video
- Daft Punk Geeks Out On Star Wars, Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson & J.J. Abrams