Frank Ocean unveiled his “Pyramids” in a big way this weekend. First, he made his Saturday Night Live debut, in which he performed a truncated version of the song. And then, he followed-up with the release of a new “Pyramids” video.
As the musical guest for the SNL season opener, Ocean enjoyed the company of Family Guy creator, comedian Seth MacFarlane.
His set included a row of blinking arcade games from the ’80s and John Mayer, as a surprise guitarist. “Thinkin Bout You” was his first selection for the SNL performance, in which he sat center stage atop a stool as his band members–three guitarists, including Mayer and a drummer–played behind him.
Later, he returned with Mayer to perform “Pyramids.” As Mayer dove into his guitar solo, Ocean faded to the back to play a video game. Check out the performance here.
To add a cinematic touch to “Pyramids,” Ocean dropped his video for the song that could pass for a short film.
pyramids. nsfw. but you don’t have a job anyway.
— frank ocean (@frank_ocean) September 17, 2012
In the clip, which goes on for about eight minutes, Ocean serves up a hallucinatory journey through a desert to get to a strip club that rises out of a pyramid in the distance. Females dance and flesh is thrown, while Ocean wanders in a daze.
When the night is through, John Mayer comes out and plays his guitar and disorients Ocean more. He falls, he wakes. See the video for yourself here.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power
- Sex Shops, OBGYN, Oh My! The Most Inappropriate Place You’ve Brought Your Child Is…
- Jennifer Lopez Talks Motherhood with Zann
- ‘The X Factor’ Adds Two New Judges: Kelly Rowland And Paulina Rubio
- Dirty On The Dos: Taylor Swift Throws Bieber Shade & Is Miley Cyrus Lip Locking Rihanna?