Ne-Yo On Drake’s Aaliyah Collabo: “Hats Off To Drake For That”
When Drake released the song “Enough Said,” in which he collaborated with the late singer, Aaliyah, the Canadian rapper took on a lot of heat. Ne-Yo recently took the side of Drake in the ongoing debate over posthumous releases.
“I have to applaud Drake for even taking on something like that,” he told Hot 93.7/Hartford backstage at the MTV’s Video Music Awards. “[Drake] is like ‘I have a love and appreciation for what Aaliyah was and what she did, and I’m gonna do this. I’ve gotta applaud him for that. Hats off to Drake for that.”
Watch the entire interview here.
The singer also discussed his recent work with Pitbull for “Give Me Everything,” and shared some other collabos he’d like to work on.
“That lists is a mile long,” he said. “Theres a lot of people I respect, a lot of people I would like to see what the combination of what they do and what I do would come together and sound like.”
Crossing genres is an important part of the collabo equation for Ne-Yo, he said.
–Bill Sencio, Hot 93.7/ Hartford
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America
- 92.3 NOW’s Jay Dabhi Releases New Single “Say Hey!”
- Rixton Talks “Make Out” Music Video & Next Single
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder