NYC’s Petty Crimes Hot Spots: Watch Your Step Out There New York!
As a frequent train rider I sometimes wonder, when I get off at a stop, what’s gonna be bumpin’ on the surface.
I’ve had pretty good luck for the most part. There was one time I got off the train and had a bit of a panic attack because I had no idea where I was or what I was to do there. Somebody was picking me up and in that moment, they needed to move it along. NO I WON’T TELL YOU WHERE IT WAS… BUT, I will say kudos to anybody that lived out there.
I saw horses. There shouldn’t be horses in NYC.
I’ve learned a lot of people are like me. We get sent somewhere and hop on the train hoping for the best when we get off. Unfortunately, sometimes the odds are not in our favor (yes, that’s a Hunger Games movie reference). The good news is, if you’re trying to avoid certain behaviors of humanity or random horse over-takings, there’s a new tool out there for us to know where certain petty crimes are happening in NYC.
It’s a set of blue dotted maps all courtesy of The New York World.
You can see all the maps I’m gonna look at right here!
Brooklyn, first let me say you would think we would be all dotted up cause we keep it gangsta for the most part… but no, NYC has got some serious issues going on in the West Village.
Here are the petty crimes and neighborhoods doing petty crimes that are shown on the maps:
- In Park After Hours: West Village and Bronxish
- Public Urination: Queens
Watch where you’re stepping, it’s not water! I figured it would be more Upper West, given the park up there. Oh no… Queens you take it! Congrats!
- Unreasonable Noise: The Bronx
Yo, stoop kids! Take it down a notch!
- Unlawful Possession of the Cheeba: Queens
Hey, way to overachieve… or not so much
And my favorite….
- Open Container/Public Drinking: EVERYWHERE! (I’ve never seen a map so blue in my life!)
Seriously, that has to be because we got things to do, places to be. We eat, drink, sleep and use the restroom on the go.
I am seriously disappointed in Harlem though… you’re a little reserved for my taste. Or just very discrete with your petty crimes. Try to get on board.
Do you think these maps of petty crimes hot spots in NYC describe your neighborhood well? Let us know if you agree or disagree in the comments section below!
–Zann, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Meet Braxton, Britney Spears’ Biggest Fan
- Cutest Baby Award Goes to John Legend Look-alike
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- New York’s Electric Zoo to Return with Stricter Safety Measures
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan
- Lorde, The National, Nas & The Replacements To Play Boston Calling