Move on over Edward and Jacob, there’s a new boss in town!
The feud started back in the late 90′s when both stars debuted on MTV’s TRL (remember Britney in those pig tails!?). Both artists were destined for greatness, but Christina Aguilera was the one who won the Best New Artist Grammy in 2000. But Christina eventually fell off, while Britney reigned on the charts.
Fast forward to 2012: both pop stars are completely different women. Both moms, both television judges on singing competitions. Christina Aguilera is about to start her third season of The Voice (NBC) and Britney is her first season on The X Factor (FOX). Will Britney bring in the big ratings that the show needs? Simon Cowell thinks so, and he’s livid with The Voice’s new programming schedule!
NBC just announced it would be adding a third episode to next week’s line-up, scheduled to air Wednesday night — at the exact same time “X Factor” is scheduled to premiere. The first two episodes of “The Voice” will air Monday and Tuesday nights.
Simon tells TMZ, he thought he had a “gentleman’s agreement” with NBC so that the fans of both pop stars could watch. And speaking of them, Simon says, “Britney’s not going to appreciate the fact that Christina — who has been a bit of a rival — isn’t allowing Britney to have a night of her own.”
YIKES! I am all for Team Britney. But are you? Will you watch one show, or both? In the world of the Tivo/DVR, does this even matter? Sound off in the comments below.
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Despite No New Music, One Direction Aims To Rule Summer With Book, 3-D Film & Tour
- DJ YONNY & Crew Pimp Out VH1′s Master Of The Mix Set
- Lala’s Mystery Booth Adventure: What “Items” Would You Be Embarrassed To Have Others See?
- Backstreet’s Back: Charli XCX Covers ‘I Want It That Way’
- Rihanna’s ‘Styled To Rock’ Inches Closer Toward U.S. Premiere
- Dirty On The Dos: Farrah Abraham’s Reality Show, Anthony Weiner’s Mayor Bid & More!