Rihanna, Frank Ocean and Demi Lovato are the latest performers announced to perform at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards. The performers will be added to a lineup that includes Alicia Keys and Taylor Swift.
Along with the VMA debut of pop band One Direction, there are established favorites such as Green Day and Pink. There will also be a range of presenters such as Ke$ha, Miley Cyrus and 2 Chainz.
The show promises to be eventful for Rihanna, who is tied with Drake for most-nominated artist this year, with five each.
The announcement of Ocean to the bill comes after he made a few sacrifices in his schedule. Earlier this month Ocean canceled his European tour dates from 8/12 – 9/22, which included stops with Coldplay.
To keep the night moving between performances, comedian Kevin Hart will be hosting he show. The VMAs which will take place at the Los Angeles Staples Center on August 30.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, U2 & Jared Leto Up For Golden Globes
- Kelly Clarkson to Appear on TVs’ ‘Nashville’
- Dirty On The Dos: Kanye’s GRAMMYs Rant, 50 Shades Goes Full Frontal & Mariah Cracks!
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Nancy’s Pop Tart
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain