Rihanna, Frank Ocean And Demi Lovato Are On Deck For The MTV Awards
Rihanna, Frank Ocean and Demi Lovato are the latest performers announced to perform at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards. The performers will be added to a lineup that includes Alicia Keys and Taylor Swift.
Along with the VMA debut of pop band One Direction, there are established favorites such as Green Day and Pink. There will also be a range of presenters such as Ke$ha, Miley Cyrus and 2 Chainz.
The show promises to be eventful for Rihanna, who is tied with Drake for most-nominated artist this year, with five each.
The announcement of Ocean to the bill comes after he made a few sacrifices in his schedule. Earlier this month Ocean canceled his European tour dates from 8/12 – 9/22, which included stops with Coldplay.
To keep the night moving between performances, comedian Kevin Hart will be hosting he show. The VMAs which will take place at the Los Angeles Staples Center on August 30.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Wu-Tang Clan Fans Launch Kickstarter to Raise $5 Million For One of a Kind Album
- Interview: Zedd Puts Out a Call For a ‘Stay The Night’ Condom Confetti Cannon
- Drake Narrates a Commercial For The Toronto Raptors
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video