fun. Not Nervous About Following Up Mega Hit
fun. have been everywhere this summer — in fact, it may be the summer of fun. They performed on CBS’s Teachers Rock, MTV’s Movie Awards, VH1′s Do Something Awards, the Colbert Report’s Colbchella, Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo and in between they kept up a regular tour schedule.
Next you’ll see them on MTV’s VMAs, presenting an award and keeping their fingers and toes crossed that they’ll walk away with the Moonman for Best New Artist or Best Pop Video.
While their record breaking hit “We Are Young” is still in high demand, the follow-up single “Some Nights” has been burning up the charts. fun. told CBS Local that they weren’t nervous at all about following up such a big hit single.
“I think that we were all wondering what the follow up was going to be and then when we released the album Some Nights the people spoke,” said singer Nate Ruess. “And our song ‘Some Nights,’ the title track actually has been doing great ever since. It’s awesome for us because it’s not as obvious a song as ‘We Are Young.’ I think that it does a really great job representing us. It’s neat to see that people actually care about the song.”
The people continue to speak for fun. — “Some Nights” is currently at #6 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart, with more success to come.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!