Today is the day! Sparkle, the new feature film starring singers Jordin Sparks and the late Whitney Houston, has hit theaters nationwide and fans are sure to be lined up this weekend to see these leading ladies on the big screen.
Jordin has said that working with Whitney was an accomplishment that she felt belonged in the “impossible box” on her bucket list, and was delighted that she had the chance to work with one of her idols on film. She also admits that her nerves were a bit frayed during the audition process.
“It was one of those moments where I was just like, OK, this is so different. Because [if] you give me a microphone and tell me to sing, I’m good,” says Jordin. “But having to interpret somebody else and try and be them but still put your spin on it – and then the director is sitting in front of you – and you hope that your spin is along the same lines as what he’s thinking. I was so nervous, my palms were sweaty.”
“I had no experience, I didn’t know what I was doing,” Jordin continues. “Derek Luke, who plays ‘Stix’ in the movie, walked in and he looked at me and was like ‘can we pray together?’ and I was like ‘WHY YES, YES WE CAN!’ My heart was pounding and he really calmed me down. After that I was like ‘yeah, this is gonna work.’”
You can catch Jordin Sparks, Derek Luke and the late Whitney Houston on the big screen in Sparkle – in theaters NOW!
–Joe Cingrana, 92.3 NOW
- Jordin On Jason Derulo: “Marriage Comes Into Conversation Multiple Times a Day”
- Photos: Jordin Sparks In Studio @ 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Dirty On The Dos: Demi Opens Up, Gaga’s Duet With Britney & More!
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Julie’s Cantalope