Today is the day! Sparkle, the new feature film starring singers Jordin Sparks and the late Whitney Houston, has hit theaters nationwide and fans are sure to be lined up this weekend to see these leading ladies on the big screen.
Jordin has said that working with Whitney was an accomplishment that she felt belonged in the “impossible box” on her bucket list, and was delighted that she had the chance to work with one of her idols on film. She also admits that her nerves were a bit frayed during the audition process.
“It was one of those moments where I was just like, OK, this is so different. Because [if] you give me a microphone and tell me to sing, I’m good,” says Jordin. “But having to interpret somebody else and try and be them but still put your spin on it – and then the director is sitting in front of you – and you hope that your spin is along the same lines as what he’s thinking. I was so nervous, my palms were sweaty.”
“I had no experience, I didn’t know what I was doing,” Jordin continues. “Derek Luke, who plays ‘Stix’ in the movie, walked in and he looked at me and was like ‘can we pray together?’ and I was like ‘WHY YES, YES WE CAN!’ My heart was pounding and he really calmed me down. After that I was like ‘yeah, this is gonna work.’”
You can catch Jordin Sparks, Derek Luke and the late Whitney Houston on the big screen in Sparkle – in theaters NOW!
–Joe Cingrana, 92.3 NOW
- Jordin On Jason Derulo: “Marriage Comes Into Conversation Multiple Times a Day”
- Photos: Jordin Sparks In Studio @ 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- SHM’s Sebastian Ingrosso Stays Consistent With John Martin’s Help
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Win Passes To “The Way Way Back” Screening
- Kanye West Recreates ‘American Psycho’ With Scott Disick For ‘Yeezus’
- Battle Of The Beats: Fifth Harmony vs Austin Mahone
- Lil’ Wayne Treads On American Flag In New Music Video