2 Chainz Falls Short Of The “Million Followers” Club
2 Chainz‘s drive to gather a million followers on Twitter has come up short. The Atlanta rapper had set the goal of expanding his over 900K to 1 million by Tuesday’s (August 14) release of his Def Jam debut, Based on a T.R.U. Story.
Despite rising to more than 930K followers at the time of his album release (over 940K at press time), Chainz stumbled to reach his millie mark.
In a recent interview with CBS Local, the “No Lie” rhymer talked about his aspiration to hit seven figures.
“I don’t have a million followers on Twitter but I plan on having it by the time my album drops,” he told CBS Local.
To put his goal in perspective, his frequent collaborator Nicki Minaj boast over 14 million followers; Drake has over 8 million; and Lady Gaga rules over all with 28 million.
While 2 Chainz still has a way to go to reach those astronomical numbers, he recently explained his overall Twitter strategy.
“I think you should follow people who have positive energy,” he told CBS Local. “A lot of people follow people who have certain sexy pics or people that do negative stuff. I can’t lie and say I don’t. I guess it’s cool to follow someone who has some teachings, something you can learn from. Maybe some news. Follow me, I’m a cool guy.” —Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Meet Braxton, Britney Spears’ Biggest Fan
- Cutest Baby Award Goes to John Legend Look-alike
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- New York’s Electric Zoo to Return with Stricter Safety Measures
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan
- Lorde, The National, Nas & The Replacements To Play Boston Calling