Someone Put Out The Fire! The Annual FDNY ‘Calendar Of Heroes’ Is Here
If you’re going to raise money for a good cause, you might as well do it with your shirt off. Presumably, that is the logic behind the annual FDNY “Calendar Of Heroes,” which sports thirteen of New York’s most chiseled, fire-fighting men for your viewing pleasure and appointment keeping needs.
That dinner with the in-laws isn’t the highlight of your social schedule, but it certainly looks a lot better with Darius Dorsett gazing back at you, wearing nothing but a smile … and a flame retardant jacket, of course.
“I looked at this as a challenge,” Dorsett, a 26-year-old firefighter at Long Island City’s Engine 260, told the Daily News. “A lot of people exercise for nothing, and that actually makes it boring. So I said, ‘I’ve got to try out for the FDNY calendar.’”
Dorsett, of Jamaica, bares all with his fellow hook and laddermen to raise money and awareness for fire safety programs. In 2011, calendar sales raised $150,000. And with 600,000 people receiving the FDNY fire-safety demos each year, the money is certainly well spent.
Several of the hunky firemen stopped by The Couch on CBS to shed more light on the fire safety demos and of course, their shredded abs. You can watch the interview at CBS New York.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America
- 92.3 NOW’s Jay Dabhi Releases New Single “Say Hey!”
- Rixton Talks “Make Out” Music Video & Next Single
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder