Drake’s appearance on 2 Chainz’s gold selling single “No Lie” rounds out the 10 chart-toppers for the platinum crooning rapper. The Canadian act’s string of No. 1s includes his first breakthrough major label 2009 debut “Best I Ever Had;” the Lil Wayne and Eminem featured “Forever;” Nicki Minaj’s “Moment 4 Life;” Lil Wayne’s “Right Above It;” Rick Ross’ “Aston Martin Music;” and Trey Songz’ “I Invented Sex.”
Previously, it was Roc Nation head Jay-Z who reigned supreme with nine No. 1 singles. Jay’s most recent No. 1 is “N****s in Paris,” a collaboration with Watch the Throne partner Kanye West.
Drake promises more hits with his involvement in an upcoming Aaliyah album. Drake and studio partner Noah “40″ Shebib have recently been tapped as co-executive producers for the upcoming posthumous album from the late R&B superstar.
So far, the project has yielded one Drake and Aaliyah collaboration, “Enough Said,” which has yet to make a dent in the chart.
–Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Far East Movement Apologise For Good Day NY Fail, Knock More Stuff Over At 92.3 NOW
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Aaron Carter’s #tipsforgirls Are Overtly Patronizing And Borderline Misogynistic
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million To Red Cross To Aid Tornado Victims