From country stars to teen idols to former contestants, we take a look at the shortlist of those who could possibly fill the remaining chair at American Idol’s judges table.
Since Mariah Carey signed a $18 million dollar deal with the show, it’s been rumored that producers are looking for a fella to sit beside the pop star. Charlie Sheen has already thrown himself in the running, saying he’d be helpful. “Give them some guidance without leading them to a suicide,” he explained. So has Adam Lambert, who apparently has been in talks to come back to the show since J.Lo and Steven Tyler called it quits.
It’s also been reported by Taste of Country that the producers of AI are looking for a country singer to come onboard. Sources have even confirmed that Brad Paisley is heading out to L.A. to chat about the possibility of him joining the show.
To help bring in a younger audience, 19-year-old Nick Jonas is rumored to be debating a slot on the show, according to Us Weekly. They also report Pharrell Williams from N.E.R.D. might be on the list too, which could be more of a pairing for producer Randy Jackson. Plus he worked with Mariah on her song “Say Something,” off of her 2005 album, The Emancipation of Mimi. Williams has also produced albums for Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and fellow judge hopeful, Lambert, along with composing the soundtrack for Despicable Me.
With all these choices, who would you like to see fill the final slot?
Choose the guy below, or tell us who you think would make a good judge. May the best man win.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- All In The Name Of Beauty: Demi Lovato On the Pains Of Body Waxing
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care
- What’s The Difference Between DJs And Turntablists? C2C Explain
- Dirty On The Dos: Rihanna’s $5Mil Court Battle, Lindsay’s Rehab Weight Gain & Beckham Retires!