Eminem Plots Return, Slaughterhouse Album On Deck
In a recent interview, Eminem was asked about his next set and he offered some insight into his recording priorities, which included his artists.
“I actually started my album,” he told Channel 955. “But I haven’t fully went in yet because I’ve been finishing up this Slaughterhouse record. I’ve kind of been really hands-on with this album for the past year. This has kinda been a pet project for me. I’ve kind of been executive producing, producing, co-producing, mixing—very hands-on with it and just really involved. We’re actually finishing up today. We’re handing the album in today.”
Check out Eminem in the behind-the-scenes video of Slaughterhouse’s “My Life,” which features Cee Lo Green below.
While Eminem added that is having fun dissecting the lyrics of Shady’s roster of rhyme heavyweights that include Slaughterhouse’s Roy Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Royce da 5’9″ and Alabama MC Yelawolf, he still marvels over his friend 50 Cent.
“Ever since we started making music with Fif, it was always like a mutual respect thing and we became friends outside of the music,” Em explained of the Queens, New York rap mogul. “50 is very big on the business aspects of his career. I would consider him a smart businessman. Not saying that I’m not, but I don’t get into as much of the technical aspect in the business sense. I have no idea what’s going on—ever. I don’t even know where I’m at right now.”
While there’s no word yet on when Eminem’s next studio release will hit stores, the controversial rapper has a tough act to follow. Slim Shady’s 2010 effort Recovery earned the rapper 10 Grammy nominations and has sold over 5 million copies.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!