Mayor Bloomberg Is Regulating Breasts: What Do YOU Think?
First, Mayor Bloomberg set out to control soft drink consumption in New York. Now he’s set out to control breast feeding.
Starting September 3rd, Mayor Bloomberg and the city will be keeping tabs on the amount of formula bottles that hospitals will be using and handing out to mothers. Under the initiative titled Under Latch on NYC, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives. The hospitals will be hiding their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.
The hospitals won’t deny new mothers formula, but instead they will be given a talking to, in hopes of giving them insight into breast feeding.
- CBS Video: Bloomberg Encourages Mothers To Breastfeed >
- 92.3 NOW’s Micki Gamez Weighs In: “Hey Bloomy, Get Off My Boob!” >
Do you agree with Bloomberg? Or is he starting to crack down on things in which he really should have no say in?
Ty asked listeners this morning on this very controversial topic. Take a listen to what went down:
Are you a new mother, or just a mother in general? Did you breastfeed, or use a bottle? Should Bloomberg get involved in this issue? Sound off in the comments below!
–Bryan Carstensen, 92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Wu-Tang Clan Fans Launch Kickstarter to Raise $5 Million For One of a Kind Album
- Interview: Zedd Puts Out a Call For a ‘Stay The Night’ Condom Confetti Cannon
- Drake Narrates a Commercial For The Toronto Raptors
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video