The unlikely duo are teaming up for the upcoming season of The Voice. Billie Joe will join fellow mentors Mary J, Michael Bublè and Matchbox Twenty’s Rob Thomas who will all appear on season 3.
The show’s official Twitter even released a photo of the two performers looking pretty chummy together.
The Voice (@NBCTheVoice) July 27, 2012
Billie Joe, who’s a fan of the show, said in a statement that The Voice is different than some of the other singing competitions.
“It’s not molding an artist, it’s just giving them a little big of guidance and direction without giving them a complete makeover,” he said.
The show’s host, Carson Daly, is also pretty excited about Billie Joe’s decision to join Team Christina.
“One of the great rock frontmen of all time,” Daly told CBS Local. “We’re beyond excited that he’s joined Team Voice and Team Christina and it’s Team Christina who’s really benefiting because Billy Joe’s got a lot of great experience to share with them and his mentorship is going to be of great benefit to them. We’re super excited.”
The Voice premieres September 10 on NBC.
Green Day is getting to release a trio of albums, Uno!, Dos! and Tres!, over the next five months, starting on September 25.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win Grape Nuts Fit + Gym Membership
- 92.3 NOW’s Long Weekend At The Beach!
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Far East Movement Apologise For Good Day NY Fail, Knock More Stuff Over At 92.3 NOW
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge