Everyone under the sun has been covering it, so why shouldn’t the Wanted get into the act? Early in June, Tom Parker and Jay McGuinness turned up in a fan video by K2K Stars with their dance act tribute to summer’s biggest hit, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.”
The guys sat down with B96/Chicago to reveal how they got involved.
“K2K Stars!” McGuinness interjected.
“K2K Stars yeah, it promotes like…it gets kids off the streets basically and promotes self-esteem,” Parker explained. “[They] teach them how to dance and have a fun time. Me and Jay decided to make absolute fools out of ourselves in the video by trying to dance.”
In addition to the dance skills of Parker and McGuinness, the video features a slew of tween and teen kids doing choreographed and freestyle dancing. The Wanted boys pop up about halfway through with some freestyling of their own.
Back in the interview, Parker said, “I’ll give you a rendition [of our dancing]. It was…” This was followed with a bit of absolutely spastic, and absolutely charming, dancing that he referred to as “the robot.”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
- The Wanted Play What’s That Song? – Part 1 >
- One Direction’s Beef With The Wanted Is More Like Chicken >
- Siva From The Wanted Teaches You How (Not) To Dance The Worm >
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- All In The Name Of Beauty: Demi Lovato On the Pains Of Body Waxing
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care
- What’s The Difference Between DJs And Turntablists? C2C Explain
- Dirty On The Dos: Rihanna’s $5Mil Court Battle, Lindsay’s Rehab Weight Gain & Beckham Retires!