Breastfeeding Reality Show In The Works… Wait, Really!?
Reality television has touched every aspect of American life over the past decade. Between catching gators in the South, Jersey Shore cast mates rolling around the boardwalk drunk and Sarah Palin hunting – we’ve seen it all.
What about a show based on breastfeeding? Nope, never been done… UNTIL NOW!
After Time magazine released an article about mothers breastfeeding children that are over age (“non babies”), reality television has decided to jump on the controversial band wagon.
The phenomenon of attachment parenting can be defined as parents who want to physically be close to their children, whether it’s by co-sleeping, breastfeeding, or carrying their infants around in slings.
However, light is being shed on people who go a bit too far and become too attached. For instance, the star of the ’90s show “Blossom” and “The Big Bang Theory,” Mayim Bialik, is an advocate for attachment parenting. Mayim is letting her son wean off of her breast milk, and, jokingly, said she’ll stop breastfeeding when he’s in high school.
So when all is said and done, will you watch a show that is based on breastfeeding? Has reality television gone too far? Do YOU breastfeed YOUR child well into their childhood? Sound off in the comments below! All bets are off.
–Bryan Carstensen, CBS Local/92.3 NOW
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Win Tix To See The Devils Take On The Rangers
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?