Is Rihanna More Cautious Than We Think?
We’ve grown accustomed to the brazen antics of Rihanna, from posting nude photos to insists she’s run out of f**** to give about what anyone thinks of her. The Rihanna who gets (sometimes more than) a little crazy. The pop star who makes it to TIME’s 100 most influential list. But is her hard exterior starting to slip?
If her interview in the new Harper’s Bazaar is any indication, it might be. She’s their August cover girl and, as always, relationships are a major topic. In excerpts released by the magazine, Rihanna admits, “When I was in love, I fell so hard. I was really, really, really in love. The way it made me feel was priceless. And in a blink of an eye my whole life changed. Everything that I knew was different. I never thought I’d feel that pain in my life. I’m afraid of feeling that again.”
But when asked about her shocking collaboration with ex Chris Brown on the “Birthday Cake” remix, the singer stands by her choice. “I understood that people had every right to be concerned about it. But I didn’t see it that way because I’m in a different place.”
There’s another area of life where Rihanna seems to have been burned recently — finances. The Guardian reports that the singer is suing former accountants Berdon LLP for lost damages and revenue. The case details how the accounting firm siphoned off a much larger percentage of her Last Girl on Earth tour for themselves and mismanaged her tax filings resulting in an IRS audit for Rihanna. That’s the kind of trouble a girl can really get fired up about.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’
- Steve Aoki Talks “Neon Future” Collabs, Aoki Jumping & Tackling His Biggest Gig Ever