I have yet to see it, but I heard that Facebook has created icons for same-sex marriage. Instead of just a man and woman, you can see two men or in my case, two women. It doesn’t surprise me at all that Facebook has decided to do this, considering their aim is to appeal to the masses and support popular culture. Perhaps they did it to raise their IPO?
Cheers to Zuckerberg for approving the idea and having it implemented. I gotta tell you, it’s a pain in the you know what when filling out paper work at the doctor’s office, bank, work, school or wherever, and having to change the word husband to wife, because as it turns out, I am married to a woman.
This is very similar to the paper work with our children at the doctor’s office. It asks to fill in information as father and mother, but our children have two mothers. When I complained to the office manager, they happily made the change on their paper work and it now reads parent and parent. It’s true what they say; oppression is in the language; whether it is verbal or written. I appreciate the giant step Facebook has taken with the LGBT community!
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power
- Sex Shops, OBGYN, Oh My! The Most Inappropriate Place You’ve Brought Your Child Is…
- Jennifer Lopez Talks Motherhood with Zann
- ‘The X Factor’ Adds Two New Judges: Kelly Rowland And Paulina Rubio
- Dirty On The Dos: Taylor Swift Throws Bieber Shade & Is Miley Cyrus Lip Locking Rihanna?