Beyonce Upset Over Lauryn Hill Diss At BET Awards
Last night, we were graced with the BET Awards. I always love watching the BET awards because I really feel like they get the artistic side of the music industry. What I’m saying is they really appreciate the importance of actual talent.
With that being said, WHO IN THE H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS has the right to diss Lauryn Hill?! Apparently, the presenters for Best Female R&B Vocalist, comedian Mike Epps and an annoying musical group called Mindless Behavior. What a fitting name for these jokers!
What had happened was: When Mike Epps decided to try his hand at singing, the gentlemen of Mindless Behavior told him “You sing BAD … like Lauryn Hill’s tax accountant bad.”
Beyonce was visibly irritated but stayed classy when she won and accepted the award for Best Female R&B Vocalist AFTER the presenters dissed Ms. Hill. In response, Beyonce scratched her acceptance speech and thanked women like Lauryn Hill and Whitney Houston for paving the way for her.
Let me remind the “dissers” as to why Lauryn Hill will always be a superstar (granted Sister Act 2 is NOT her biggest accomplishment, but if this is just a minor accomplishment for her, then that says a lot.).
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Swingers Anonymous: Ty Bentli Was Invited To A Swingers Party! Will He Go?
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!