Lady Gaga Accused Of Bullying Cosmetics Company
Gaga Pure Platinum cosmetics was formed in 2000, when Lady Gaga was still just Stefani Germanotta. An email sourced by the Village Voice’s Michael Musto, claims that the anti-bullying songstress has started to bully them into giving up their 12-year-old trademark on their business.
“So much for her anti-bullying campaigns because she is bullying a family business and her tactic is to lie by using fraudulent, baseless and groundless claims in federal trademark court so she can bully them with her fame,” the email to The Village Voice said. “Looks like she’s living up to her self proclaimed title of ‘mother monster’ and has proven to be a total hypocrite.”
Gaga’s people responded by stating her respect for other’s rights and the trademark in question hasn’t been used in what seems to be years. “In fact, Lady Gaga’s counsel tried several times to speak to the original owners about their alleged use of their mark in an effort to find a way to amicably coexist. There was never a response,” Gaga’s rep said.
-Sarah Scroggins, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’