Day one of the Governors Ball came to a close on Randall’s Island Saturday night (June 23) with the services of Kid Cudi requested to bring a long day of electronica and filthy beats to a memorable end. While he was well on his way to meeting that goal, Cudi wasn’t given the chance to finish what he started.
Cudi made a fashionably late entrance onto the stage with a question festival goers had been acting on all day and into the night; “Y’all ready to rage?” Accompanied by his WZRD bandmate Dot da Genius and aided by a guitarist and drummer, Cudi opened the show with an energetic rendition of “Mojo So Dope,” while darting back and forth on stage.
Highlights from Cudi’s performance included “Solo Dolo,” “REVOFEV,” “Soundtrack 2 My Life,” his remix of LCD Soundsystem’s “Dance Yrself Clean” called “All Talk,” being joined on stage by Chip Tha Ripper and plenty of audience participation during “Man On The Moon.”
The intensity was put into a higher gear once Cudi’s dance hit “Memories” (sans David Guetta) pulsed through the crowd, but would be short lived. Once the clock struck 11pm, Cudi’s mic was cut and house music filled the air, unceremoniously bringing an end to an otherwise eventful day. With his party unwittingly cut short, Cudi strolled about the stage, bewildered with the rest of his companions.
More from Governors Ball >
Latest from 923NOW.com >
- Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, U2 & Jared Leto Up For Golden Globes
- Kelly Clarkson to Appear on TVs’ ‘Nashville’
- Dirty On The Dos: Kanye’s GRAMMYs Rant, 50 Shades Goes Full Frontal & Mariah Cracks!
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Nancy’s Pop Tart
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’