T.I. Plays Daddy Role In OMG Girlz Video
Nas isn’t the only rapper to play big daddy to his daughter in a music video. In the OMG Girlzvideo for “Where The Boys At,” T.I. makes cameo as the protective father and fun crusher to boy-hungry teenaged girls.
Unlike Nas’ video for “Daughters,” which was based on a real-life relationship with his daughter, T.I. plays comic relief as the daddy enforcer. As the step father of group member Zonnique “Star” Pullins, who can also be seen on the VH1 Reality series Family Hustle, Tip is not too far out of character.
“Why are you gyrating in public,” Tip says when he catches his daughter partying with boys. “What is this, ‘where the boys at?’” For an extra comedic element, he speaks texting shorthand: “OMG, SMH, exclamation point, exclamation point. Sad face.” See video below:
The OMG Girlz are the brainchild of Tameka “Tiny” Harris, who is the former Xscape singer and T.I.’s wife. The group, which once included Lil Wayne’s daughter, went through a series of members since its inception in 2009.
“OMG stands for Officially Miss Guided which means ladies who are guided,” said Baby Doll at V-103′s Car and Bike show. “We send out positive messages about girl power, independence, working hard and having fun at the same time.”
When asked about their new song, Baby Doll said she’s sure it will be a summer anthem.
“Where the boys at, thats the question for the summer,” she said. “It’s going to be in your head 24/7. The hottest record for the summer.”
Check out the full interview here.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’