People like to throw around the phrase “there’s an app for that” quite often, even jokingly. But the truth of the matter is, it’s not a lie. Especially for New Yorkers, who have numerous of apps to choose from, whether they are looking for a bite to eat or a place to wet their whistle.
Of course, one needs to make their way about the city while painting the town Big Apple red. New York Subway and Exit Strategy NYC are excellent apps for straphangers, but what about those who prefer to travel above ground?
GetTaxi is a developer who aims to give New Yorkers the ability to hail a cab without endangering their lives in oncoming traffic. On top of that, you’ll also be able to rate your driver, whether they get you from A to B safely or barely in one piece.
GetTaxi submitted the app as part of a contest from the Taxi and Limousine Commission, which asked for proposals for smartphone applications to let taxi riders pay with their phone. Many of the apps submitted for the contest, which ends Thursday (6/14), include many other features like hailing a cab and “rate-a-ride.”
Currently, the only way to rate a driver is by dialing 3-1-1. If you’ve ever tried 3-1-1, you know it is not the most pleasant experience.
The FREE app is currently available in London, Moscow and Israel, but hopes to make an appearence in New York and Paris soon.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- John Mayer On Those ‘Smoldering’ “Who You Love” Photos & Duet with Katy Perry
- Lulu y Lala Give the Guys of Ty Loves NY the Polar Plunge Shrinkage Test
- Dirty On The Dos: Jennifer Lopez’s Name Change, Mila Kunis Engaged & Britney Retiring?
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Victoria’s Juice
- Tell Us Your Best Holiday Party Story And Win $500
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns