In a recent interview with 92.3 NOW / New York, Rene said he is stoked to wake up every morning and do what he loves. He said because of his new found success, he is looking forward to all the possibilities and opportunities that could come his way after the album is released.
“This is brand new for me, so I’m motivated by all the things that can happen when my album’s released and my next single and everything,” Rene said.
Since his stint on X-Factor, Rene recently signed with Epic Records and has been working on his debut album since.
“The album is going to be insane,” Rene said. “It’s almost done right now, you can expect greatness because that’s what it’s going to be.”
Rene said he feels this album will show people what he has to offer as a musician. He said he has yet to scratch the surface of what he knows he is capable of doing and his album helps demonstrate his potential.
His first single, “Young Homie,” which was also his X-Factor audition song that launched him into America’s hearts.
Rene said the single is about his life and growing up, staying positive and not sweating the small stuff. He said he wants people to cherish the moments they’re in and realize that life is short.
“This song is an inspirational song, it’s a song for everyone,” he said.
Rene said the best advice he has for aspiring musicians is to believe you can make it.
“The passion that they have, like, in their hearts is what’s going to guide them to go and they’re going to be influence by all kinds of stuff,” he said. “But, just to believe you can do it, that’s all it takes.”
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Tell Us Your Best Holiday Party Story And Win $500
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Diplo’s Got A New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album