This past weekend I had the pleasure of taking a lucky winner to Los Angeles. It was the Katy Perry Pool Party Weekend promoting the release of her new movie Part Of Me, which comes to theaters July 5th.
I arrived on Friday (June 1) and accompanied the contest winner to an exclusive screening of the movie. This is something you don’t want to miss; it looks AMAZING! The 3D glasses are also really unique. Katy also noted that in some cities the 3D glasses will be shaped in hearts! You’ll have to see the movie to find out what I mean!
Saturday was THE day. Our winner was able to actually meet Katy Perry and party poolside with her. And here was my moment to shine; my one on one interview with Katy Perry!
Waiting to interview Katy was basically like waiting on line for a ride. I was told I had four minutes to speak with her. I was pretty confident and prepared until it got to the point where it was my turn. Then it hit me… WHOA BOY! I AM INTERVIEWING KATY PERRY!
Needless to say, I got really really nervous. In my head I just kept saying. “Alright Toro, let’s rock this.” Everything was cool until she said “hi” to me. I was blown away with how nice she was. And I don’t mean in regards to artists I’ve met. This one of the nicest people I have ever spoken to before which actually made it worse for me! At least if someone is mean to me I can change the direction that I take the interview, but this was too intense for me!
You are going to be able to see in the interview how nervous I was. But I have to thank Katy Perry and her camp for an amazing weekend in Los Angeles.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, U2 & Jared Leto Up For Golden Globes
- Kelly Clarkson to Appear on TVs’ ‘Nashville’
- Dirty On The Dos: Kanye’s GRAMMYs Rant, 50 Shades Goes Full Frontal & Mariah Cracks!
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Nancy’s Pop Tart
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain