One Direction / Grease Mash Up From Toro & Jay Dabhi
There’s no secret, musicians find inspiration from other musicians. It’s just how the wheels turn on this ride that we, as music fans, are happy passengers.
U.K. uber-boyband One Direction‘s hit “What Makes You Beautiful” has been tearing up the charts for months, and 92.3 NOW’s DJ Toro and resident mixer Jay Dabhi have come up with a great mash up of the chart topper along with an old favorite…
Here’s Toro to explain:
“One day, Jay Dabhi and I were at the station and WMYB was playing and I said to him… ‘Man I swear I hear ‘Summer Nights’ from Grease in this song… Lets mash this up!’ So we got to the studio and made a little mash up of the two – and it actually came out pretty good! I started playing it in my 5 O’Clock Rollout and Jay started playing it in his 9 O’Clock Mixtape on 92.3 NOW. We were getting tweets and texts that people loved it and wanted it! So here it is… and thanks to our friend DJ Scoop, he took it one step further and made you a video mashup! Enjoy!”
Here are a couple of other old school pop tracks that sound a little similar, buuuut not quite as perfect as One Direction!
Sheila E. – “Glamorous Life”
Rick Springfield – “Human Touch
One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
Show your parents this post. They’ll totally become 1D fans!
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’