Man Records 16 Hours Of Fist Pumping To Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe”
James Peterson, an unemployed electrician from Green, Ohio, claims to be a ‘veteran fist pumper,’ and he may actually be the world’s best. Peterson recently fist pumped for 16 hours straight in attempt to break a Guinness World Record.
This wasn’t Peterson’s first fist pumping marathon, but this was the first time he was ever recorded. According to Ohio.com, Zinnihunt Productions co-owners Clay Hunt and Greg Zinni, along with Matt Rohrbach, captured the 16 hours using two cameras. Their footage will help ensure accurate documentation to be sent into Guinness.
“I did this on St. Patrick’s Day but it was not documented,” Peterson said. “I used to hang light fixtures so I am used to having my hands above my head.”
Before beginning his fist pumping adventure on Friday morning, May 11th, Peterson super glued his hand to ensure his fist would stay in perfect ‘fist pump posture.’
Hunt and Zinni recorded Peterson fist pumping all over the Cleveland area. Peterson was spotted fist pumping on Center Stage at Lock 3, in front of the Akron Aeros’ firework display Friday night, and ended his adventure by 3 a.m. Saturday morning at Manny’s Pub in Akron. He fist pumped to his last song, “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Hunt and Zinni are sending the footage into Guinness this week and if successful, Peterson will hold the longest fist pumping record set by an individual. There is a previous record held which involves a group of fist pumpers. On December 31st, 2010, the cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore led a group of 5,726 people fist pumping for MTV’s “New Year’s Bash” in Times Square.
- Katelyn Murphy CBS Cleveland
Get more news on 923now.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira On Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Dirty On The Dos: Bieber Dedicates SXSW To Selena & Zac Efron Wants Another High School Musical!
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour
- Justin Bieber Surprises SXSW With Intimate Show Surrounded By Screams
- Can You Guess The Baddest B*tch? Win Up To $600 For Prom @ Woodbridge Center Mall!
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Skrillex Announces 2014 ‘Mothership Tour’ Across North America