Lady Gaga Cancels Indonesia Show Amid Controversy
Despite her sold-out 52,000 seat venue in Jakarta, Indonesia, Lady Gaga won’t be taking the stage.
Blasted for being a “vulgar singer who wears only panties and a bra when she sings” by head of Islamic Defender Front (FPI) Salim Alatas, it seems he isn’t the only one who holds these sentiments.
According to Reuters, three Islamic groups have shared their dislike of the pop star and as a result Gaga has been forced to cancel the concert.
“She stated she is the envoy of the devil’s child and that she will spread satanic teaching,” Alatas said, adding, “This is dangerous.”
MTV News reports that the permit for the show has been denied while “some of the critics actually threatened to use physical force to prevent Gaga from getting off her plane.”
Yesterday she took to Twitter, perhaps to acknowledge her biggest tour date cancellation.
I’m obviously having a rough time tweeting today
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) May 14, 2012
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, P!nk, Nate Ruess to Perform at 2014 GRAMMY Awards
- Daft Punk To Perform at 2014 GRAMMY Awards
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Mary’s Coffee
- ‘Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues’: Top 5 Musical Moments
- Beyoncé Becomes Only Woman to Reach No. 1 with Her First Five Studio Albums
- Pharrell Williams Inks Solo Deal with Columbia Records