PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Rapper Jay-Z joined Mayor Michael Nutter on Monday morning atop the steps of the Art Museum to announce a two-day music festival coming to Philadelphia to benefit The United Way.
“Everyone knows my love affair with Philly from the amazing and talented artists I’ve signed from here,” said Jay-Z, who will curate and headline the blockbuster event.
The event, called “Made in America,” will take place on Labor Day weekend along the Ben Franklin Parkway in Fairmount Park and include nearly 30 musical acts on three stages.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- All In The Name Of Beauty: Demi Lovato On the Pains Of Body Waxing
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care
- What’s The Difference Between DJs And Turntablists? C2C Explain
- Dirty On The Dos: Rihanna’s $5Mil Court Battle, Lindsay’s Rehab Weight Gain & Beckham Retires!