Jay-Z Announces Labor Day Weekend Music Festival In Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Rapper Jay-Z joined Mayor Michael Nutter on Monday morning atop the steps of the Art Museum to announce a two-day music festival coming to Philadelphia to benefit The United Way.
“Everyone knows my love affair with Philly from the amazing and talented artists I’ve signed from here,” said Jay-Z, who will curate and headline the blockbuster event.
The event, called “Made in America,” will take place on Labor Day weekend along the Ben Franklin Parkway in Fairmount Park and include nearly 30 musical acts on three stages.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Wu-Tang Clan’s Raekwon Goes “On Strike,” Sounds Off on RZA
- Detroit Electronic Music Festival’s Return Postponed Until 2015
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set
- Catch Jason Derulo At Lucky Strike NYC Tonight & Six Flags On Sunday
- Magic! Finds Inspiration In Reggae To Bring People Together
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’