PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Rapper Jay-Z joined Mayor Michael Nutter on Monday morning atop the steps of the Art Museum to announce a two-day music festival coming to Philadelphia to benefit The United Way.
“Everyone knows my love affair with Philly from the amazing and talented artists I’ve signed from here,” said Jay-Z, who will curate and headline the blockbuster event.
The event, called “Made in America,” will take place on Labor Day weekend along the Ben Franklin Parkway in Fairmount Park and include nearly 30 musical acts on three stages.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Dirty On The Dos: Demi Opens Up, Gaga’s Duet With Britney & More!
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Breakfast With Bryan: It’s Food Porn, But With A Twist! Julie’s Cantalope