B.o.B‘s Strange Clouds blasted off with first-week sales topping all other rap releases and coming in at No. 5 in all genres. While he’s still flying high, B.o.B already has plans that would send him into outer space, including a joint project with T.I.
Strange Clouds’ first-week sales numbers followed Adele’s 21, which sold 77,379 in the same week (May 1- May 8), besting B.o.B’s sophomore album sales (76,360) by about 1,ooo moved units. The extra sales earned Adele the No. 4 spot in overall album sales.
While B.o.B is enjoying his sophomore success, he has genre-bending projects on deck. He gave fans a clue as to his future direction with “Ray Bands,” where he raps: “After Strange Clouds, I’mma drop my rock album.”
But before any such rock album is released, he said he and T.I. will be finishing a dual disc, The Man and the Martian.
“We’re still working on it,” he recently told CBS Local. “The Man and the Martian is really the best of Tip and the best of me. Putting our heads together and coming up with a sound. It’s really effortless and about having fun. There is no expectation and you can do whatever you feel like doing, a fun project.”
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Despite No New Music, One Direction Aims To Rule Summer With Book, 3-D Film & Tour
- DJ YONNY & Crew Pimp Out VH1′s Master Of The Mix Set
- Lala’s Mystery Booth Adventure: What “Items” Would You Be Embarrassed To Have Others See?
- Backstreet’s Back: Charli XCX Covers ‘I Want It That Way’
- Rihanna’s ‘Styled To Rock’ Inches Closer Toward U.S. Premiere
- Dirty On The Dos: Farrah Abraham’s Reality Show, Anthony Weiner’s Mayor Bid & More!