NYC Taxi Cabs Go Green… Literally
Hailing a taxi is considered an art on the city streets, but the one thing that makes the ridiculous task somewhat easier is its vibrant, signature yellow and black checkered pattern. But the taxi is about to get a make-over thanks to Mayor Bloomberg’s new green initiative.
Green apple taxis will appear in northern Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Staten Island.
“The Big Apple was long ago used to define New York,” Bloomberg said. “Green apples taste great, and I think the color does exactly that. Apple green is attractive and distinctive. It is easy on the eyes and easy to pick out from a distance in traffic.”
Latest News On 923NOW.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira On Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Dirty On The Dos: Bieber Dedicates SXSW To Selena & Zac Efron Wants Another High School Musical!
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’