NYC Taxi Cabs Go Green… Literally
Hailing a taxi is considered an art on the city streets, but the one thing that makes the ridiculous task somewhat easier is its vibrant, signature yellow and black checkered pattern. But the taxi is about to get a make-over thanks to Mayor Bloomberg’s new green initiative.
Green apple taxis will appear in northern Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Staten Island.
“The Big Apple was long ago used to define New York,” Bloomberg said. “Green apples taste great, and I think the color does exactly that. Apple green is attractive and distinctive. It is easy on the eyes and easy to pick out from a distance in traffic.”
Latest News On 923NOW.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Today’s Dirty: Lindsay’s Secret Miscarriage & Bieber Will Never Be Deported!
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Wu-Tang Clan Fans Launch Kickstarter to Raise $5 Million For One of a Kind Album
- Interview: Zedd Puts Out a Call For a ‘Stay The Night’ Condom Confetti Cannon