Hailing a taxi is considered an art on the city streets, but the one thing that makes the ridiculous task somewhat easier is its vibrant, signature yellow and black checkered pattern. But the taxi is about to get a make-over thanks to Mayor Bloomberg’s new green initiative.
Green apple taxis will appear in northern Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Staten Island.
“The Big Apple was long ago used to define New York,” Bloomberg said. “Green apples taste great, and I think the color does exactly that. Apple green is attractive and distinctive. It is easy on the eyes and easy to pick out from a distance in traffic.”
Latest News On 923NOW.com:
- Win Grape Nuts Fit + Gym Membership
- 92.3 NOW’s Long Weekend At The Beach!
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Far East Movement Apologise For Good Day NY Fail, Knock More Stuff Over At 92.3 NOW
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video