Hailing a taxi is considered an art on the city streets, but the one thing that makes the ridiculous task somewhat easier is its vibrant, signature yellow and black checkered pattern. But the taxi is about to get a make-over thanks to Mayor Bloomberg’s new green initiative.
Green apple taxis will appear in northern Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Staten Island.
“The Big Apple was long ago used to define New York,” Bloomberg said. “Green apples taste great, and I think the color does exactly that. Apple green is attractive and distinctive. It is easy on the eyes and easy to pick out from a distance in traffic.”
Latest News On 923NOW.com:
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video
- Justin Bieber Asks Fans to Donate to Typhoon Haiyan Relief, Raises $600,000+
- R. Kelly Defends Chris Brown, Drawing Parallel to Muhammad Ali, MLK and Jesus