Sorry Empire State Building. It’s been nearly a decade in the making, and all of New York City can raise their glasses tonight, as the WTC’s Freedom Tower is crossing the mark as the tallest building in the city.
Once completed, the Freedom Tower will stand at the height of 1,776 feet with 104 stories. The Empire State Building is at 1,454 feet with 102 stories. As of now, The Freedom Tower’s construction is set to be completed in 2015, and will be the tallest building in the United States (although that IS up to debate, as the Willis Tower in Chicago is technically taller; Freedom Tower’s rooftop has a needle which gives it the record).
“Lots of people deserve credit, it’s taken a long time,” he said. “But this is probably the most complex construction site any place, ever.” – mayor Bloomberg
Congratulations to all of the workers who have been grinding hard over the construction of the Freedom Tower since it broke ground in 2006.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- All In The Name Of Beauty: Demi Lovato On the Pains Of Body Waxing
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care
- What’s The Difference Between DJs And Turntablists? C2C Explain