No Ice Cream For You: NYC Parents Oppose Ice Cream Trucks
Some parents in Brooklyn don’t want the Ice Cream Man anywhere near their homes, parks and playgrounds this summer. They’re complaining that they don’t need the big musical truck of happiness coming down their block because their kids throw temper tantrums over the delicious desserts.
How can you NOT let the ice cream truck be a part of your kids’ childhood?!
Some parents say that it’s very tempting for their lactose intolerant children to get some ice cream when everyone else on the block is around the truck getting some. Personally, I think parents are just afraid that this is going to happen to their kids.
“Go somewhere else, go on another corner because… it does make it too tempting for them,” Debbie Markovic said Monday as her lactose-intolerant daughter begged for ice cream.
Come on, are you serious? If you can’t have ice cream that has milk in it, then have an Italian Ice. They sell them on the trucks too, you know.
Nowadays, you can barely get kids off their computers, PS3s, Xboxes. Don’t you understand when a kid hears that sound IT MAKES THEM WANT TO GO OUTSIDE!
Thank you to my mom for not making me into a wuss…
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Wu-Tang Clan Fans Launch Kickstarter to Raise $5 Million For One of a Kind Album
- Interview: Zedd Puts Out a Call For a ‘Stay The Night’ Condom Confetti Cannon
- Drake Narrates a Commercial For The Toronto Raptors
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video