Kanye West’s Air Yeezy II Sneaker Delayed
The release date for Kanye West’s popular Nike Air Yeezy II sneaker has been pushed back, causing a major delay for Yeezy fanatics who have already started camping out at stores to nab a pair.
The new in-store date will be sometime in June, instead of April according to Complex. The West-designed shoe is a popular item that retails for about $250 with a limited run. Because the price skyrockets after the shoe sells out, some have already started camping out at store locations.
To further hype the sneaker, Jay-Z wore a pair for his live-streamed SXSW concert and made a made sure to plug the coveted kicks. “Shout out to my Yeezy II’s,” Jay said during one break between songs.
While West’s signature sneaker line remains a hit, he has struggled with other fashion endeavors. Earlier this month, he canceled the pre-show to his women’s wear fall collection during Paris fashion week because, he said, he “got treated unfairly by the press last time.”
Despite mixed fashion reviews, country singer Taylor Swift, whom Kanye interrupted at 2009′s MTV Video Music Awards, recently wore a Kanye West design for her Harper’s Bazaar (Australia) cover shoot.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Watch the video of fans camping out at a store for a chance to score Air Yeezy II sneakers below:
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Magic! Finds Inspiration In Reggae To Bring People Together
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Drake Sued for ‘Nothing Was the Same’ Sample
- Nas Documentary ‘Time Is Illmatic’ Premieres at Tribeca Film Festival
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’