Kanye West’s Air Yeezy II Sneaker Delayed
The release date for Kanye West’s popular Nike Air Yeezy II sneaker has been pushed back, causing a major delay for Yeezy fanatics who have already started camping out at stores to nab a pair.
The new in-store date will be sometime in June, instead of April according to Complex. The West-designed shoe is a popular item that retails for about $250 with a limited run. Because the price skyrockets after the shoe sells out, some have already started camping out at store locations.
To further hype the sneaker, Jay-Z wore a pair for his live-streamed SXSW concert and made a made sure to plug the coveted kicks. “Shout out to my Yeezy II’s,” Jay said during one break between songs.
While West’s signature sneaker line remains a hit, he has struggled with other fashion endeavors. Earlier this month, he canceled the pre-show to his women’s wear fall collection during Paris fashion week because, he said, he “got treated unfairly by the press last time.”
Despite mixed fashion reviews, country singer Taylor Swift, whom Kanye interrupted at 2009′s MTV Video Music Awards, recently wore a Kanye West design for her Harper’s Bazaar (Australia) cover shoot.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Watch the video of fans camping out at a store for a chance to score Air Yeezy II sneakers below:
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Love Expert Rachel DeAlto’s Advice: How To Find The Love Of Your Life!
- Tiesto, Hardwell, Calvin Harris & Steve Angello Lead Electric Daisy Carnival NY 2014 Lineup
- Ty Doesn’t Lie: Guess The Liar For Tic to See ‘The Neighbourhood’
- Jennifer Lopez Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music