Far East Movement Write Theme Song For Nickelodeon Anime Action Series
Club-banger music gurus and Los Angeles natives Far East Movement, might have a gaggle of girls sipping Ciroc and shaking their “Jello,” but the electro hip-hop quartet has shifted their production skills into something a tad more kid-friendly.
Nickelodeon’s new anime action series, Monsuno, enlisted Far East Movement to write the theme song for the animated show. Co-written and produced by Martin Kierszenbaum of Cherrytree Records and the band, the track showcases the group’s familiar dance beats and high energy.
Far East Movement, who reached success with their dance-centric jam, “Like A G6,” recently announced a May 14 release date for their sophomore album, Dirty Bass, on Cherrytree/Interscope Records.
Their current single, “Live My Life ” will be brought to life as a music video by their tourmates with the directorial debut of LMFAO’s Redfoo.
“The ‘Live My Life’ Party Rock music video is going to be bananas. It’s definitely a party you won’t want to miss. We’ll be getting it out soon along with more exciting news on Dirty Bass,” promised Far East Movement’s Kev Nish in an interview.
Monsuno, which will most likely be way less “bananas,” can be seen on Nicktoons, Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. ET.
–Nadia Noir CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Interview: Sky Ferreira On Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Dirty On The Dos: Bieber Dedicates SXSW To Selena & Zac Efron Wants Another High School Musical!
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour